Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Challenge: An Update on November 18, 2009



And lose my breath I indeed did. Upon my return to the Ship we found that she had been at anchor for nearly a week already due, at first, to rough seas, then to another ship needing our berth for work. At first I was excited that we were out, and hoped for a chance to stay on shore for another night or two, but we ended up going back the night we were supposed to. The anchor situation also meant more work, and after a long break, the worst thing to come back to is a crappy job. But that is what happened. It wasn’t so much the long hours of ferrying people back and forth that bugged me, but the lack of anything else to do, or anywhere else to go. Work played a part in this also, because instead of going where others got to go, I had to ferry them. This lasted until early Friday morning when we finally came in after a long week and a half for most people on board. Before we could get into our proper berth, we spent a few days in the cruise ship terminal. We would see a new ship almost every day, and a lot of days three new ships. I had never known Barbados was such a popular cruise ship destination.
The truth is that work has overruled ministry this past week and a half, and I was unable to do anything of significance to tell about. One thing that is cool is a video a friend and I have been working on. You see, we now sit in Viuex Fort, St. Lucia, after more strange work hours, on Sabbath week. We take a break from normal life and spend time in community and with God. At the end of the week, we have something called the “Logoscars”. For the past two months or so, ship’s company has had time to make videos, which are now submitted for judging. At the Logoscars, we will be judged and the best videos will receive awards. My friend and I were responsible to make the video representing our Deck department. We made a music video, the first time it has been done on the Logos Hope. I wrote a rap song, recorded it with the help of our department, and made a video as Cap’n Krunk. We first shot other intros, but I’ll wait until I am able to post it to tell of the rest. We have a good shot at winning.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Hey Ryan,

It is always good to read your updates, and I always do.

The teeth whitening really seems to be working!!!

You may be working a lot but you are still able to see islands that I can only hope to see one day. (Tim, take the hint and send your mom on a cruise!)

Take care, keep up the good work, (it's all God's work) and God Bless.

Love,

Marla

Jennifer D. said...

Yeah Tim!! LOL. Work is work Ry, sometimes we love it, sometimes we don't. Unfortunately, that's life. Don't let that keep you from enjoying yourself in paradise...like Marla said, some of us only wish to see one of the many places you have been. God has blessed you!