Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Humdrum of Monotony

It’s so hard to stay on fire for too long in this culture. Every day I meet with people I feel a level of excitement beyond explanation, yet when I don’t meet with people it is hard to stay on fire. Sometimes it is so hard to bear the monotonous schedule of work and life. It is always the same. Some people have a really hard time dealing with change, such as my mother, and love to have a set schedule. I’m not one of those people. I wouldn’t say I thrive on change, but I do enjoy when things just happen. I am also not very good at making plans. This may go in with my awful short-term memory, which causes me to forget previous plans anyways. Back to the point, I need change. This is pointed out by my track record at jobs. The first couple of months I like it, sometimes love it, but after 3-5 months I start hating going in every day, usually at the same time. I’m not sure how this will translate in my career, but we’ll see. Please pray for patience and persistence in my life as raising funds has even found its low in my life. This place is so distracting. I wish I could devote more time to this, as it is the most important thing, but it is incredibly hard to be able to find time right now. Pray for me please!

1 comment:

stacey said...

Dear Heavenly Father,,I ask you to give Ryan a motivation for you! help him to do what he needs to do to accomplish your will Jesus. Give him a true joy that comes from u and not of this world! Give him the encouragement, the strength, the motivation to get all task done that he needs to do to get a move on his new life to be. Remind him of whats to come..and how happy u are with him..God I ask for your protection against any negative things that can drag him down. exactly what the enemy wants..Thank u Father for this young man! that he has the desire to get the gospel out there..and through this all we know he will learn great things about u and others..thank u for this opportunity Lord that he can accomplish this all through u! In Jesus precious almighty name, AMEN! this is all for the glory of God what u are doing..let that be your motivation Ryan..when u loose ground and trapped in the things of this world.look to him and get prayer always as u have requested on here..keep on keeping on! A pleasure to be a part of this journey!