Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ode To a Loyal Friend



You were always at my side

Through thick and thin

I was yours and you were mine

You were like my kin

The years grew long and hours short

We grew old and apart

But you were still my last resort

But never at the start

I wish we had spent more time together

I was too busy for you

Even though our bond was never severed

I treated you like a fool

I look back on our time with tearful eyes

Tears for good and bad

Thoughts and memories but never lies

I can’t help but feel sad

I wish I could do it all over again

I wish I’d loved you more

I want to take back what I said

You were never a chore

I hope you were happy in your years

And felt all of our love

I hope I never cause you to shed tears

I hope you are waiting above

I miss you already oh dear good friend

For you were special to me

This wound is one that only time can mend

Now that you’re gone I see

I see just how deep our bond actually is

Now I wish to give you one last kiss





I wrote this for my dog (i wouldn't actually kiss him, it is figurative) who passed away yesterday. Again, you don't know what you have until it's gone. I never spent enough time with him...

4 comments:

stacey said...

Awwwe, this is soo hard. I lost a good friend in the summer of 06. It was very difficult for us all. Ours was hit by a car in the front of our house..very ver ysad thing. i am sorry to hear about this..i appreciate u sharing your true feelings..it certainly shows your compassion! BTW..this is kendalls email i am using..i finally figured how this all works eh

Ryan Joseph Coon said...

awesome, glad to hear from ya

Jennifer D. said...

Poor Sammy...I didn't realize you had a blog...now I will have to read all of it. You better update us often of your adventures!!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna miss throwing bread to Samson. :(