Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blur of Activity: Update for March 1st, 2009



Since the voyage to Sweden the pace of life on the ship has quickened tenfold. After a ling project mode, things are setting up to be as busy as many ex-ships people have described; busy. Everyone seems to be doing something all the time. A lot of my time in Sweden was spent just hanging out with friends and growing close to people in relationships I had never really seen blossoming as much as they have. I thank God for all the people put around me, and I am very content with my life at this stage.

Sweden was beautiful, something out of a fairy tale of the north. The city of Goetteberg was a rather large town, and was incredible gorgeous. The architecture was old medieval and there were a few different cathedrals around the town. There was one I did get to go into that was Lutheran, and was just huge and had gold everywhere. I also went to a Pizza Hut, but not an American Pizza Hut. Here, apparently, Pizza Hut is a fancy-pants place to eat. There were three Americans dressed in typical clothes, and we were surrounded by people in nice clothes. It definitely wasn’t the place that has arcade games and baseball parties. I spent every day out in Sweden and just explored the town, and even took some pictures!
After Sweden came the sail to where I currently sit writing, which is Holland. Again, since arrival in Harlingen I have again been exploring the town since arrival. The town is very cool, and very Dutch. Everyone has a bicycle and the buildings look like they were built just to confirm people’s view of the Netherlands as seen in movies and such. Canals run through the town and the roads and houses are all built of bricks. The people are nice and easy going, and things are way cheaper than they were in Denmark. There are also tons of sailboats sitting in the canals, and again everyone rides a bike.

Ministry has been pretty busy, and it has been hard to keep up with writing ministry, but we are still planning on releasing a publication shortly. We just need to figure out some things first. I was asked to do another skit yesterday and I said yes. It was fun, but I am still pretty shy on stage. This will be a growing process. The skit was performed to a youth event that came to the ship. I was the prophet Elijah when God told him to raise the bones, but a more humorous rendition. I think I will be asked to go on stage more than I ever thought, but again, time to grow!

3 comments:

craig said...

Nice scarf you big sailor man! hahaha
How was sailing through the North Sea? Was it rough?
I am really excited for you and what our Father is doing in your life and even through it too!
love you!
Dad

Jennifer D. said...

A little homo, but hey maybe that is how the Swedes dress, lol. So exciting to hear about the world through your eyes, expecially because I haven't been there before. Post more pics. I will have to visit your picture page again, what's the link?

Ryan Joseph Coon said...

The sailing wasnt rough at all. It actually made me super tired for some reason. Scarves are a pretty european thing, and super comfy, so there! uhhh i havent been able to upload mass pics right now anyways, but i can try some day. if it works i will send out the link.