Monday, October 26, 2009

Island in the Sun: St Lucia Update on October 26th, 2009



Within the past ten days, I’ve had 4 Swing Dance events (one fell through), three basketball games, work, and started work writing a song to make a video for something called the “Logoscars”, which will be a chance for us on board to make videos, then win awards and get dressed up. Oh yea, I’ve also watched 3 games of American Football (God Is good). Two of the swing events were for youth programs, and one was a rather large youth program. The one I speak of was on Saturday the 24th of October, and was in front of some 400 kids. We did our dance (two couples) and then got interviewed about ships life. They asked me “What is good about being a man on board?” My (obvious) response was, “Well, what isn’t good about being a guy?” Then proceeded to tell about how we tend to get the better jobs, but I was handcuffed when asked what was difficult, offering no real answer back. The other notable event was yesterday when ten or so of us headed out to play some basketball against some locals. Only three showed up, about a half hour late, so we adjusted and played with them. I was in one of my moods where I freely and openly talk a lot of trash, and they were the type of people who can handle it, and even talk back. I really connected with one nicknamed “Gage”, who came back to the ship, and the trash talk continued, as I tried to raise interest in him coming to the ship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rya,
Dave and I, are proud of you...keep up the great work and May God's face shines upon you at all times, may He protect you, and give you the desires of your heart....God blesses you at all times:) I hope you understand my writings in English..hahaha..

In His mighty Hands,
Nonie Witherspoon

Jennifer D. said...

I have a student named that too :) How funny. This post seemed to abruptly end...did you forget a few paragraphs or something?