Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What A Day!



Today was a great day. We had our last day of Pre-Ship Training, which is amazing. The whole of PST was sitting around learning. I am ready to endeavor in some physical labor. The last session was good, as we were told to write goals and missions statements. A few of mine are to grow in God every day, to love people with all of my heart, to retain the knowledge and experiences I gain here to bring them home, and to seize the day. I was excited when I heard for sure that I was on deck department, and the guy who I think would bother me the most wasn’t. Although that sounds kind of mean, it’s true. He was so sure he’d be on the deck too; I almost felt bad for him. Anyways, next we had solitude time with God. We could do whatever we wanted. A lot of people chose to sleep or clean, but not me.
This is when my day was really made great. I decided to go explore Koge a little more all by myself. I walked away from the hope and had a lot to discuss with God. That I did. I walked one way toward where I thought the beach was just talking to God about my struggles and triumphs, and relishing on who I want to be in my future. Then I ran into a fellow Hoper who told me I was going the wrong way. I turned around to walk back toward the real beach. On the way I prayed my face off. I prayed for me, my family, my friends, Cornerstone Church, Michigan, the USA, Logos Hope, OM (who is really struggling with funds at the moment), and went back through. I got everything off of my chest; EVERYTHING! When I finally sat down I felt so relieved and at peace. I sat on a bench by the beach listening to some good music and reading my bible. I read through the last three letters of the gospel. Then, I rested. I delighted in where God has sent me and what He will do in me. I felt so comfortable. I knew that God had his arms wrapped around me with a giant hug. Then I slept for a few minutes.
After that I went back, and got an Ethernet cable so that I could use my laptop to get online. Then sat around online waiting for dinner to get prepared. I ate, and it was good; odd, but good. It was sort of like lasagna made with alfredo sauce and vegetables in it. After dinner, I put my laundry in the cans to be washed, and then I went to our last service as a PST. The speaker was good, but has a voice that put me right to sleep. The Russian girl next to me woke me up and told me to stay up, I tried and failed. I did wake up in time for worship, which was amazing. It was one of those worships where you feel comfortably uncomfortable. All of the hairs on my body were standing in worship. The ducts in my eyes were ready and willing to burst if called upon. My body felt weak, but my spirit has never felt stronger. I focused upon the cross, and saw sweet salvation. What a feeling!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Ryan--Amazing day, amazing grace, amazing post! We miss you, but you are growing so much in your relationship with Him, and learning who YOU are! Keep them coming, we will continue our prayers! Aunt Nan

craig said...

Hi Ry-baby!
I'm glad this post was nicer, I mean sounds like you are enjoying yourself more. Your day sounds perfect, I need to have one like it! Don't worry about the annoying boy, they couldn't put him on the deck as a deck hand because the other deck hands would be tempted to push him off the boat! You are my amazing, handsome, athletic baby boy and I love you and miss you!
Mommy

Jennifer D. said...

See why are you so modest when mom pours compliments on you like that. lol. Sounds amazing. I am sure you will have many more like that. TTY soon :P

Tommy D said...

Hi Ryan,
I just got back from a short business trip to Mexico. I understand the feelings of being in strange places with strange people. I'm praying that you stay close to God, grow in Him, and avoid the temptations while away from familiar surroundings. I'm also praying that you find an accountability partner on the ship, if you don't already have one. What I really liked was that instead of napping you prayed and explored - that is near and dear to my heart as I'm in love with God's creation.
Blessings, Tommy D.