Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who Am I?

Last Night we were asked a few questions. I thought a lot of them, and here are my answers. Maybe you can ask yourselves the same ones.
Who Am I?
I am a thief in the day
And a refugee by night
I am an endless sandbar
That goes beyond sight
I am a biased council
Fighting the whole of man
I am a poet of ages past
Dreaming in the sand
Who do I think I am?
I feel like a beggar in a foreign place
With no desire to look upon their face
I want more but look at less
I find no comfort in my dress
I am a man on his way to who knows where
I am an ambulance full of care
I am a rock cast into my own whirlpool
I am for you a stubborn fool
Who do people think I am (in my eyes)?
I wander the circus full of paint
A red nose and a white face
People come to see me for a price
But is it really me they see?
I am sometimes even a saint
I am a runner with no pace
Am I a pie that has one slice?
There is so much more to me
Who does God say I am?
I am a tornado on a paradise
A cheating heart but a faithful body
Sprinting out into the night
I break hearts and destroy temples
But I am beautiful beyond comprehension
My eyes are like the stars
And my smile resembles the sea
After all I’ve done you still love me

5 comments:

Jennifer D. said...

Love it Ryan. Good things to ponder.

kris said...

You really are a beautiful person. Great things to think about. Praying for you always. Love you lots!!
Aunt kris

dclundblad said...

Good morning Ryan,

Thanks for your honesty in all your writings! I feel like I'm on the deck right next to you. So, what do you do on deck? What will your job be once you leave Denmark? You are in my prayers daily. Can't wait to meet the "new" Ryan who will come back to us in a couple of years.

Dan

Marcus said...

hi ryan,
we are testing this out!

Tommy D said...

Hi Ryan,

As you reminisce on holidays with family don't forget that the wonderful experiences you are having and will continue with for the next two years, along with the new friendships; will one day be among your most favored recollections. I pray that you and your family find comfort in God, knowing that you are fully in His care and busy doing His work. "...blessed are the feet of those who carry the Gospel..."

Thank you and God bless you, Tommy D.