Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Arrivals and Changes: Weekly Update for February 4, 2009

This past week (yesterday to be accurate) marked some changes to the ship culture with the arrival of PST Birkedal. This makes PST Koge sophomores, and also means that we have been on board for five months. The arrival of the new PST was a joyous occasion put together by our own PST and was a blast. I was uncharacteristically involved in two things, and even more unlike me had to be on stage for both events.

The first was a skit that Clayton and I agreed to write and perform for the new PST. It was a skit on our expectations for the new PST which were purposely lofty. I am hoping that it was recorded so I can out it up here within the next few weeks. People enjoyed our skit, and the future may hold more sarcastic hits from us two. The second event I partook in was a game that was modeled after a Dating Game, but was made appropriate for the SP rules and for the ship. I was asked how I felt of my bosses and I offered a somewhat arrogantly sarcastic answer.

We also did a prayer tunnel that all of the new PST walked through as current ship’s company prayed for them. Being on the other side of this was pretty cool as I had the chance to do for them what others had done for me. After this the traditional Scottish kay lie dancing happened, which was as fun as always. Then the night ended on a high note for a lot of people, and we succeeded to astonish the new PST, much more to come.

4 comments:

dclundblad said...

What a fantastic way to welcome new recruits onto the ship! You ARE growing Ryan....next step Broadway?

Dan

Marla said...

Ryan,

With your sense of humor I am sure your skit was great! I look forward to seeing it. Keep up the good work.

Marla

craig said...

the shell is finally crumbling off of you my son and revealing the person that you are to the rest of your world! God truly is working in all of this!

yo daddy

Jennifer D. said...

So fun to see the real, fun-loving you come out!! I would love to see any more videos of you over there. We miss you like crazy, but are so excited for you at the same time. It was nice talking to you the other night. Carson talks a ton, but needs a translator if you aren't used to him talking to you. lol. We will have to remember to call some other day too. All our love!!