Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weekly Update January 31, 2009

The PSSC wasn’t all it could be as they inspected things unseen
From right to left they left a mess
Turned our hopes inside out and in return we became stout
Things that needed doing were done and in the end it almost felt like we won
I was in the control station manning a nation
Busy busy a rush of dizzy; a flurry of furries; a sighting of lightning!
In and out my throat was a drought and my brain a bout
But through the fire and mire I crawled into the choir

Ok, enough rhyming, I got it out of my system, sorry. Basically, the PSSC didn’t go very well at first, but towards the end it was okay. We are very close, and within the next couple weeks the surveyors are coming back to finish up some inspection on a few unchecked items. So for now, we remain uncertified. I was on watch and during the day I was on the Bridge (Central Control Station) and there were a ton of people in and out of there. The surveyors even spent a whole day up there doing things which I don't know how to explain because I don't know what they were!The electricians were up there most of the time working on getting important things done such as the fire door system and the VDR (a hard drive that stores all the little things about a voyage). I was also on the bridge during a drill and had to page the whole ship to go to fight the fake fire, and then help coordinate the people going to fight the fire.

I have been fighting a cold all week too, and it’s not a whole lot of fun, but that’s life! The cold kind of took away a lot of motivation to do things early in the week, but come Tuesday I was back to Swing Dance and Basketball on Wednesday. I am feeling way better the past couple of days. Thanks for the prayer and support through this past week, and please continue to pray that our ship gets the certificates so we can sail soon!

9 comments:

craig said...

Cool Ryan,
It is important for us to hear these seemingly insignificant things! Thanks for sharing and i know that i am praying for you and for the Logos Hope!

I love you,
Dad

Tommy D said...

Hi Ryan,

I'm so happy to hear the inspection is over and passed! Praise God!, now you can get on with the mission full steam ahead. Sorry for going nautical.

Thanks for keeping in touch and blessings in Christ, Tommy D.

Gwyn said...

hey ryan, thought of you the other day b/c there's a guy we met at the church we are going to that was on a ship with operation mobilization 7 or 8 years ago just like you. he was excited to meet someone that knew what the organization was, b/c he said most people don't! he said he's heard lots of good things about the logos hope!! take care !!

cousin gwyn!!

Marla said...

Ryan,

Thanks for the video. It was great to see you in action!!! As always, I pray for you daily.

Marla

Ninja Tim said...

You looked so happy to be in the video and the guy said you're all going to be seamen. hahahaa

Tim and Sean

craig said...

Hey Ryan!,
seeing you in the video was really good for me see what everything looks like, where you are involved, and just to see how excited that you were to be on video! i am sure that everyone will love it!

Love you,
dad

Anonymous said...

Way cool seeing how things work on the ship, and what you do. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi buddy

Praying for the certification and your health!

Be blessed!

Jennifer D. said...

What up bro? I miss your emails, for sure, but is is obvious that you are busy. I love seeing my stud of a brother on the video. lol. That Aussie isn't too shabby either, lol. We pray for 'uncle Ryan' each night. I hope you get to sail soon, you will be fullfilling the 'great commission'. Love you!