Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Picture This

Four walls full of people willing and eager to go insane for Christ, an amazing story told by a leader,a good worship group with good songs and, an even better God. Put that together and that was my evening service. It was like the flood gates of reserve were torn down in my life. I sang through the first songs with a little apprecation for where I was and a lot of thought on my life. Through the sermon I payed attention, it wasn’t much; until the end. Somehow what he said clicked, but now it seems so long ago that barely remember. The main reason for this is the monsoon that followed. I was hit like I have never been hit during the closing worship songs, and sang my heart out. I had never really done that before, and it felt so freeing. Then after 3-4 songs, I prayed. I prayed and listened and felt God. Every now and then I would open my eyes and just picture the room with one extra person. I saw Christ watching us with a loving smile and gleaming eyes. That made my heart melt. I repented, I praised, I prayed for my cast, I wrote. I had nowhere to write except for my bible’s last page, so now I have a poem on the last page of my bible and here is what I wrote, enjoy:

I stand anew in your glory every day
I feel your soft touch when I wake
You are the well that quenches my thirst
I breathe you mercy when I’m hurt
You fill my lungs with thunderous love
My praises sound in the heavens above
You pick me up when I fall
A glorious hand comes at my call
Why am I so blessed?
After all I have stressed?
Your river never runs dry
A taste alone makes me cry
Although deaf I hear your voice
Although mute I cry my choice
It is you dear father
For your love is like no other

7 comments:

stacey said...

Amazing love for sure Ryan.So glad to hear from u and How already u are seeing God's glory. Enjoying your reads. you are very blessed : )

craig said...

"God inhabits the praises of his people" and you now have tasted that reality Ryan. He is there and He is here, living in you and living in us at the same moment. I am so excited for you and what He is going to do in you and THEN through you. My prayer for you throughout these days is that he will pour out the Holy Spirit on you so you will be bold in your walk with him and the expression of your faith would bring glory to our Father now and always.
run hard after him my son!
love, Dad

Jennifer D. said...

You have never cried during worship? Welcome to my world...I cry every time. It is awesome that you are seeing God move and are dwelling in his presence. Love you :)

Tommy D said...

Blessings to you Ryan,

I see writing/preaching in your future...and I didn't have to look very far to see that.

There is joy in the journey!

In Christ, Tommy D.

Diana said...

Ryan--you are so blessed and loved! Keep your beautiful words coming to us! I still miss your hugs! Aunt Nan

Kathy T said...

Hey Ryan,
Your writing is inspiring and I crave a closer walk with my Jesus! Keep strong and know we are all praying for you! The time will fly and it looks like you really have been lead to a wonderful experience. You are a blessing.

kris said...

Ryan,
You write beautifully. I love the poem. You are a blessing and a inspiration to us all.