Monday, November 10, 2008

Romance

Open the window and let in the breeze
The mornings aren’t mornings unless you’re with me
You watch me sleep and I hear you speak
You’re in my dreams and in my mind
You’re in my second and in my week
You steal my heart every time
You are such a mystery and such an illusion
You are so beautiful and full of confusion
You read the book of my soul like a Sunday paper
We laugh and cry and share in all we feel
You heat my tears until they are naught but vapor
My heart is stamped and marked with your seal
I am yours and you are mine until the end of time
A more passionate sign one cannot find
You would give your life for me now I see
I see the brightness of me and what I could be
I see all of this in your name
I see naught money or fame
I see a life of solitude
I equip a new attitude
You stood at the door and knocked until I came
I cheated and cheated but you love me all the same
No gift could ever repay what you give me this day

4 comments:

beernut said...

Yea that's good stuff Ryan, I'm Ed the guy that has greeted you as you come in by the cafe @ church. Thanks for sharing your blog thoughts, speaking like you are about our Master causes me to weep, what a gift He is.

Warrior God man Ryan you are.

craig said...

Wow! This is awesome! Your a poet and I didn't know it! (Ha-ha!) Keep writing Ry! Love you and miss you!
Mommy

craig said...

Ryan what really makes your earthly father rejoice is seeing a love for Jesus come alive in his children. God has moved you away from us for a time to make and mold you more into the image of his Son and it just so happens that during that time He chooses to use you to reach to world for Himself. There is no better thing in life than falling in love with your Savior. Keep running the race Ryan it is not in vain!

I love you,
Dad

Jennifer D. said...

Love it :) I sed to write poems in my journal throughout middle school and high school. NOthing like this!! I would be afraid to read what I wrote, if I could find the journal.