Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Teary-Eyed Warrior

Who am I to assault you in the night?
You have already lost the big fight
Why should I add to your injury with slander?
All I have to say is useless banter
There are no puns ringing in my head
Only words that shall remain unsaid
One cannot tear down a razed village
One should not steal another army’s pillage
I shall not throw gasoline into a blazing fire
I shall not cast you out into the mire
One must learn to forgive as he has been
That means I must forgive all I can
I will lead your army into battle
We shall pillage all the gold and cattle
We will show no mercy to our foes
We will not be beaten by our woes
I have your sword and your shield
Now let us storm this barren field
We’ll storm the gates of Hades herself
And make the Devil a fearful whelp
There shall be no more victory in this place
Now I long to look upon your broken face
For I wish to rebuke you yet still care
I want to show you my love is fair
It never ceases in the midst of failure
It is stripped of formality and is barer
There is only one path you should find
Go and cast all the others from your mind
Toil with the dirt you have kicked up
In the end we shall be picked up
Never more will our hearts be torn
Never more will we deal with scorn
Our flesh will burn and our spirits rejoice
We will all sing aloud in a resonate voice
“Hallelujah” will fill the barren planes
It will drive the enemy of us all insane
We shall sing songs of victory and peace
All of us will sing; from greatest to least
Oh, how I long for the final rest!
But first we must fix this bloody mess
Redemption lies in every breath we receive
Distraction rests on all that we perceive
Where will two ends find a common ground?
When will a plan of attack be found?
That relies on the king of your own heart
For the heart is beautiful yet still tart

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ryan,

Blessing to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, who have been here and there for us all along the way. As your sister in Christ, I will always pray for you and your family. I am very confident that God is very good, merciful, gracious and loving us more and more each day. Ryan I am not forgetting each day to pray on my knees for you and your family here. For me your family is also mine because we all are sharing the same faith in Christ Jesus. Anything that we can do for you just don't hesitate to email me or Dave ok. You and your Family will always be loved by me and Dave. But for now you should stay in Focus bringing the Glory to God. I am committing myself to pray for you. Any specific prayer request for now? Take care now and please don't hesitate to talk to someone onboard for help when things are so heavy to carry for you. There are many of those who have wise counsel and prayers onboard. When you cannot see any beauty around you I encourage to embraced God and see His beauty. Agape, your sister in Christ, Nonie

Jennifer D. said...

Wow, that was nice, Nonie. Thanks. The outpouring of love and support is overwhelming in comparison...You are an amazing writer to saying things so eloquently. You need to put these down and publish a book of poems. you are in a great place Ry. A place where people realize that we need Jesus and no one is better than another because we all fall short. Love you. I did a post too, but not even close to this, I had to use other people's lyrics :(

Tommy D said...

Awesome poem Ryan, keep pouring your heart out to God and He will fill your cup to overflowing.
In Christ, Tommy D.

Annie C. said...

We have had tears mixed with yours...a friend of mine reminded me a few months ago that God holds all of our tears in the palm of His hand--I always think about that...

You and your family are loved, in prayers, and lifted up--

Praise God that NOTHING can separate us from Him because of Christ...

Your writing is a blessing, we see your heart.

Love in Christ,
The Caldwells

everyone's favorite pixie said...

Ryan,
This is a beautiful poem. I just want you to know how much I love you and your family. We have been keeping you in our prayers.
We can be thankful that God never wastes suffering. Your dad taught me that. The Lord works all things together for good for those who love Him.
Lots of Love,
Sarah (and Sean) McAnally

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
Your are an amazing and talented writer, your writing is very insprirational and Im glad to see God has placed you on remarkable path that I know will lead you to wonderful things. Your an amazing guy and i know you find your true calling, but until then know that im here any time you need to talk. I love and miss you tons...and enjoy your time away.
Keeping You in your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Michelle