Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Weekly Update November 19, 2008


Life on board the Logos Hope has been great. I am working in the deck department, and for two weeks straight I was chipping rust off of a wall in a room that houses our Steering Gear units. This job was frustrating at first, but I eventually warmed up to it. I can’t say I’d be too disappointed if I never saw the room again, though. During these weeks I engaged in some training to prepare me for our launch into ministry in January 2009. I am learning to talk to people through life and through experiences. I also attended a church in Copenhagen (about a 30 minute drive) that was full of people from around the globe. One guy I met there even came by for a tour of the ship! Last weekend I was involved in the filming of a movie that one of the women on board is producing. It is called “The Calling” and is about a woman realizing what she is meant for. Once the video is complete, I will post a link to see it. I was an extra “shadow” in the movie and even got to dress up. We had a good time filming and the film looks good so far.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ryan: this is great. I enjoyed catching up on what you are doing. Thanks for the photo too.

Keep on serving Jesus - even in the steering gear room!

Praying for you,

Peter

Jennifer D. said...

Fun job!! Never thought you would be doing that, eh? How cool to meet people from all over. What a great expereince Ry!! Cherish it. Much better than rotting here :)

craig said...

nice picture Ryan! This is great to hear what you are actually doing too!

thanks!
dad