Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weekly Update December 10, 2008


This past week has been somewhat of a blur. The first memorable day to me was when I had a day off on Friday. I chose to do something instead of lying around the whole day, and went exploring. I got up and took off into the woods of Køge, and it was awesome. The woods here are not quite like woods at home. The woods here seem a little less wild, but all the more full of wonder. The density is not what it is back home, and less animals roam the forest, but this makes for more silence than one is used to. I felt like a kid again as my imagination went wild and I dreamt of the same things I did when I was a kid. I used to see myself as a ranger or rogue wandering the woods looking for artifacts or for evil to vanquish. This thought was furthered by a discovery for me; in the middle of the woods was a row of trees with a path splitting them. At the end of a path was a little round wall, and inside the wall were graves and a crypt. I think it was the coolest cemetery I have ever seen, and I wanted to get in and explore it, but it was locked.

Later on in my walk, I stumbled upon something stranger than I expected, even eerie. Beyond the crypt was an abandoned military compound, and a lot of the buildings were made like hills. The fence stood about 8 feet high and was barbed wired. I longed to climb the fence and explore the fort, but I was alone and had to get back.

The other notable thing that has happened this week is the development of the writing ministry and my role in it. Clayton and I are kind of heading it off, and we are meeting this Saturday to discuss our first project which is a publication of our talents, just to give the decision-makers ideas on how to best use our skills. Pray that the ministry will start and flourish, and for it to bring glory to God any way possible.

6 comments:

dclundblad said...

Hi Ryan,

I'm glad to see that you are going to use your writing skills and share them with others! I'm blown away with the ease with which you communicate your feelings. Hope you can get back soon, and climb over that 8 foot wall.

Dan

Marla said...

Hey Ryan,

I always enjoy reading your postings. You continue to amaze me with your talents. Your new writing ministry is sure to be a success. I pray for you every day and I will now pray for your new ministry. Sounds like you have really made a place for yourself there. I knew you would.

Love, Marla

Jennifer D. said...

Sounds creepy but cool. I would want to check out the military base too!! Don't get caught!

Kyle Nolan said...

hey bro, what kind of writing ministry are you doing? it sounds sweet. let me know if you ever want any input, since it'd kinda what i do.

grace and peace,
kyle

craig said...

Keep on going Ryan!!
we are cheering you on from this side of the pond!

love and miss you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,
The joy of the Lord be with you today..... I just talked to my nanay(m0m) from the Philippines on the phone, she said the New Duolos will be in our City in the Philippines early next year, I told her about you and if you could stop by if you ever get there, my mom store is near the water front, she said she will feed you and if you need anything if you ever get there she can give you what you need. If you get a chance hug her for me please...You are a great man of God, I am sure that our father in heaven is really proud of your obedience in doing His will:)To obey is better than any sacrifice in the whole wide world:) God bless you always.
Your sister in Christ, Nonie