Monday, December 29, 2008

A Late Weekly Update December 29, 2008


As you all know, Christmas was this weekend, and it was my first Christmas away from home. In all honesty, it didn’t quite feel like Christmas, as it was almost uneventful. The biggest absence in the season was all of my family and friends, and it was just odd not seeing all of them. It was fun though, don’t get me wrong. On Christmas Eve, I slept until about 12 or 1 and then laid around until the time came to get the animal off of my face by shaving. It took me about 2 hours to shave, and a half of an hour to put on my suit. It was the longest I can remember taking to get ready in my life, but then again my beard was quite large. After taming the beast was the famous dinner, and it was delightful. We had good steak with some vegetables and for dessert were cream puffs. After dinner there was a worship service, in which we sang a lot of carols and Christmas music. After that was some movie watching, and then bed! All-in-all, I had a good time on my first Christmas Eve away from home.
Christmas Day was even less eventful, I slept in again and then woke up for breakfast and continued to do nothing all day. This was surprisingly welcome in my life, and enjoyed doing nothing pretty thoroughly. Other than that, this week I have been painting and took a trip on Sunday to play some basketball with a few people. It was fun, but still no football! I can’t believe the Lions went 0-16! What a shame. A new year is right around the corner, as is my next update, so in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Ryan,

It is so good to see a picture of you. I wish it was with your4 beard!!! We miss you here at the Obertein household. Have a Happy and Safe New Year!!!

Marla

craig said...

Ryan, you said that you were going to take a picture before you shaved that sheep off of your face, so where is the picture of that??

yes Christmas on this side of the big lake was different too!
we miss you,
Love Dad

Ryan Joseph Coon said...

yea i took a pic, just havent moved it yet, maybe next time around.

Anonymous said...

Hello Truman. Do the people on the boat fall for your over exaggerated pump fakes too? Haha

Jennifer D. said...

It was strange without both of my bros too...It was nice talking to you though. Mom didn't cry, in front of us at least, so that was good and kept us all tear free :)