Saturday, January 10, 2009

Reflection

The Mirror shows only You
I look upon beautiful disaster
And how You twisted it into truth
How all my ugliness is burnt up
My folly into Your praise
And my tracks around this maze

It started with a kiss
Until I dig deeper into this
I find a gaping hole
A glass not even half full
My heart turned upside down
I stare at this with a frown

A stem from the same trunk
Leading to a dark chasm
A glorious vessel had sunk
To depths I couldn’t fathom
A piercing look cuts to the bone
Separates man from God
Puts the glass all alone
But fills the desert with sod

The mirror reveals another error
Another stem I need to mend
I blame the dog for my shame
I join the thieves of the coin
I act the same as the facts
Just another meat headed brother


A lion growls but doesn’t pounce
For it is in shackles
A tiny rodent takes his food; every ounce
Its’ cage is stronger
His roar is as dry as the bone he gnaws
The master cracks his whip
And the lion obeys



Just one time turned the clock
Ages passed and inhibitions dropped
Like a checklist of vileness
The pride in my full list
But the list caught on fire
As did my heart

The root of the tree is revealed
It leads to a river of bile
A sewer of vomit
The roots drink deeply from the pool
The tree grows and withers
But alas, it does not fall

The final glimpse in this pool of light
Is not quite right
It starts with a deep dark night
Then comes a final flash
And the tree becomes a pile of ash
And I am set in a new caste

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Then comes a final flash
And the tree becomes a pile of ash
And I am set in a new caste"

Deliverance is the Lord's, He really does set us into a new social standing doesn't He ryan. My wife Debbie & myself enjoy how writers have such unique ways of bring a message forward with interest to the reader. It's a gift Ryan and you have it.
God bless you in all you do.

Ed & Debbie Beernut

Jennifer D. said...

Very nice, Ry. Better than the couple before, lol. Keep it up :) Maybe seeing Carson's picture on your writing 'journal' inpires you, LOL>

craig said...

keep being the Sod in the Desert Ryan. Your words bring life and hope that we don't earn Gods favor but he gives it in Jesus!