Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sorry All, the Real Weekly Update for January 7th


I’m sorry to all who were worried, and looking back, this wasn't the best way to say what is going on here, at all! Really the "plague" I referred to is a sickness that is going through our tight community. About half of the ship threw up in the past 48 hours and I am not one of them. Apparently some of the water got mixed with some of the bad shower water, and this is the result. I didn’t really want this to be taken seriously, and now I know my limit. I am truly sorry to have caused any amount of concern; I am really doing well here. Your prayers are still appreciated, and next time I will definitely think twice about doing this, and to think I was going to let it go for two days!
Aside from the bug going around, this week has been good as I have been sleeping for 9-10 hours every day. I am on fire rounds from 11pm until 7 am, and sleep from then until dinner or just before. Maybe that’s why I came up with this idea, too much time to think as I spend 7 hours alone. One thing this week did catch my heart and make me cry though. On Tuesday morning at about 5 am, I got a surprise. I noticed a man coming toward the ship form a while away, and I figured it was a new arrival, but as he drew near, I was shocked to see his large beard! I still didn’t really understand who he was until he came up the gangway into our little watch room, and then it hit me. The smell alone gave away where he had been, as he was homeless. I wanted to help so badly, but alas I could do nothing. He wouldn’t say any words to me except “Can I go in?”, and I couldn’t let him in. As he walked away I thought to myself “He was Jesus” and cried at my failure to even offer him prayer, and be a little angry at the fact that we can’t help him. Maybe one day, the homeless will be welcome at all hours on board, but until then I must make do.
I am truly sorry for the joke I played, apparently my sense of humor is a bit too aloof for a lot of people. I am somewhat odd…

8 comments:

Offensive Pastors Thoughts said...

Hey Ryan, I figured as much, prayed anyways! Keep up the good work and don't forget, A merry heart is good medicine."

Offensive Pastors Thoughts said...

Also, you are "ODD" indeed!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Ryan,

This world is really like very infected like that water got mixed up in the kitchen water, we can run and not drink from it but later on when there is a drought we might all take the risks, pressure ey? Jesus is our stilled water…He leads us to that stilled water every single day if we allow Him to. I would like to encourage you today to always remember that God only make a happy ending and when it is not happy yet there is no ending yet, to live in love and have hope in Him everyday.and please watch what you drink...lol... The sicknesses, the sadness, the pains, sorrows and earthly memories are all temporary, take courage and know that when obey God and we bring more souls to God’s kingdom we are building our strongest way of having the permanent treasures that no one can take away from us…God’s Kingdom promise us that permanent treasures of joy. Take courage and just keep walking towards God.
God bless you and Keep you bro.

Note I don’t e-mail, this is my way of communication I apologize.…
In His will, Nonie

Marla said...

Ryan,

You dufus!!! I read your blogs in the wrong order so I didn't read your JOKE until after the explanation. I hope I would have realized it was your attempt at humor.
Here at Trinity we see a lot of homeless or near homeless people. It is very hard when we can't help everyone of them. Sometimes we can only give them food or a food voucher for the food depot.
I loved the beard. You were one step away(gray hair)from being mountain man Dennis.
Don't drink the water and stay safe.


Love,
Marla

Jennifer D. said...

You are an idiot for making us all worry about you. I was relieved that it was a joke though. Dork.

craig said...

you may be a dork Ryan, but you are my dork!! I love you and was so happy to hear your laugh last night!! I must admit that i was a bit anxious though. I couldn't see it for myself, it was read to me by your worry-wart sister over the phone and got me thinking too. i know that you are in god's mighty hands and that even he chuckles at your wierd humor I am sure. i wonder where you get that from???

haha

love,
dad

p.s. The picture is pretty disturbing in and of itself!

Jennifer D. said...

I think that is what made it worse, was that truly disturbing picture. Yes I am a worry wart, but so is RY!!! He should have put himself in our shoes. He would have freaked if dad posted something like that.

Jeanne said...

Just realize how many lives you are touching. And even if you didn't pray with the homeless man, you can still pray for him. As much as we would like to be able to help each and everyone, we are only human. But God can do this, by bringing it to him in prayer. Keep walking with God Ryan.