Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekly Update for January 24, 2009

The past week has flown by so fast I barely know what to write. This weekend I had training to help me lead writing ministry on Saturday and then met with Clayton to discuss some aspects of the ministry. We came up with a few ideas, but beyond that it is hard because we haven’t had our first publication, and that is our main focus as a group. We did come to the decision that it would be a good idea to hold another meeting (so we meet every week) with a focus of improving our writing skills.

After a restful Sunday, I began the week working in the garbage room. I’ll be honest, I was not excited in the least bit to be doing that again, and my attitude was awful. That changed as my job took more form and Mikeal (from Sweden) and I couldn’t take out all of the trash because of a lack of space in the dumpster, which gave us the opportunity to paint. On Tuesday we received some help in the garbage room and then were charged with the task of assembling the gangways that weren’t being used. This took all week and we still didn’t quite get finished. A lot of work can be poured into these things, as I now know. Our fist sailing trips could be very hard, but that’s life!

Now I am on watch for this week of the long awaited PSSC, and feel like a cold might be approaching. Please pray for the ship during the PSSC week and that we can be a light to the surveyors.

6 comments:

craig said...

Hey Ryan, i know that lots of people read your update and don't leave comments, so dont base your writing on feedback you would be on an emotional rollercoaster every week and could be easily discouraged from writing. Write as the Lord leads AND write to inform the rest of us that are back here. Be of good courage my son the Lord is with you!

I love and miss you,
Dad

dclundblad said...

Hi Ryan,

Great to see that you are working with a fellow Swede! Ask him if he likes limpa bread and pickeled herring. If he does.....he is a friend of mine! Praying for you Ryan as you continue to serve God in this unique ministry.

Can I share this good news with you for today?
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

Have a good week, Dan

Ninja Tim said...

I read your stuff. I mean sometimes. When I'm bored. When there's absolutely nothing else to do. haha jk I read it when I get the email every time. So if you're on watch you best be on facebook homie.

Jennifer D. said...

Lots of people read. Aren't we good enough for you?!? LOL>Garbage duty, uck! Glad you made the most of it. I was happy that you got to talk to Carson yesterday. HOpefully he made yo laugh. Lots of love. We pray for you every night!!

Anonymous said...

I never leave comments, but I read them every week.
They are uplifting

Unknown said...

Hey Ryan, I read your updates. Very good. I agree with your dad - just keep writing and leave the rest up to God.

I'm praying you get the PSSC and set sail soon.

Peter